Posters are often used to get the word out – whether this is an event, a lost pet or car, or to make an announcement, posters are a great and dynamic way to ensure people pay attention to what you have to say. So, if you’ve lost your car and you’re thinking of effective ways to make sure people know what to look for, you could consider creating some lost car posters. You can then circulate these and stick them around the local area, ensuring everyone knows to keep an eye out.
Why create a poster for my lost car?
If you’ve lost your car, it’s likely that you’re going through a bit of panic. If this sounds like you right now, there are probably lots of options running through your mind! Allow us to tell you why posters could be a good route towards retrieving your vehicle:
- It can easily be circulated around the area. This ensures that people will notice what you’re asking of them. The more pictures in the area the better.
- It can reach a wider audience than just word of mouth and social media.
- The size of a poster can allow for all the information you need to communicate, such as the specification of the car and the area it was lost in, as well as a picture of the car. This specificity will increase the likelihood of someone that has seen the car getting in touch.
What information do I include on the poster?
If your car is lost, you will need to provide as much information as you can to increase the likelihood of someone getting in touch with you with a sighting of your car. You should include:
- The specification of your car, including the make, model, year and colour
- The registration number to look for
- A picture of your car for people to reference
- Your name and contact details – having these details noticeable will make it easier to get in touch with you
- An eye-catching headline – having ‘LOST CAR’ in bold lettering is bound to catch people’s eyes
How do I make my lost car poster as eye-catching as possible?
An eye-catching poster is more likely to be a successful one. You might be wondering how to communicate all the information you need, whilst ensuring your poster is striking enough to attract attention. We have some tips!
Bold lettering is much more likely to catch the eye of a passerby, rather than using a regular font. Make sure the words are as large and as bold as possible, so that it can be seen and understood from a distance away.
The goal is to capture attention. A bright colour that contrasts the rest of the environment, such as a neon, is likely to catch eyes along the street, and even from cars driving by. This ensures your poster gains the traction it needs.
Prioritise your information
You need to make it easy for people to understand what your poster is about, and how to get in touch with you. Make sure your contact details are a main feature, as well as the picture of your car, as many people are much more visual than reading a car’s specification.
If you’re considering some posters for your lost car and you’d like some help, we are just the team for you. At Printingprogress, we can design, produce and print your posters to give you the best chance of getting your car back. We’re eager to help you! Get in touch to discuss further, on 020 8290 1010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.